Assistant Shipping Manager
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 5199 Ivy St
- Location : City
- Commerce City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
The Assistant Shipping Manager supports the Warehouse Manager in directing, planning, and coordinating operational activities of warehousing/logistics through efficient use of equipment, manpower, and routing.
• Works with Human Resources in handling associate issues including but not limited to hiring, feedback, disciplinary actions and termination as measured through associate satisfaction and retention.
• Maintains a safe environment for all department functions as measured by the safety record, accident free days, lost time days, and total dollars spent.
• Coordinates activities related to warehousing and serves as a source of expertise as measured by expense to sales and total cost per case.
• Responsible for maintaining good customer service as measured by our Delivery Service Index (DSI).
• Assists in the preparation of departmental budgets, which includes staffing, labor, and material handling equipment needs as measured by meeting budget requirements.
• Assists in guiding the compensation for warehouse personnel
• Interfaces with sales teams, and customers. Will assist in positive customer resolution of issues and complaints. Confers with department heads and other internal customers to ensure coordination of warehouse activities with activities of other functions, i.e., transportation, inventory control, maintenance, sales, and IS.
• Supports and initiates continuous Business Process Improvement (SPBI) as measured by total projects completed, project participation, and total dollars saved.
• Ensure compliance for all governmental regulations as well as customer related inspections to include, FDA, OSHA, HASAP, AIS, Siliker, State, County and Federal inspections as measured by actual and mock audit results.
• Supports all Corporate and Divisional initiatives and defined in our “Big Rock” strategies, as measured by both Foods Service and Division Return On Net Assets (RONA).
• Ability to maintain good morale and employee relations.
• Must develop, coach and mentor team
• Other duties may be assigned.
• Three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a credited college preferred.
• Proven ability to effect change: identify opportunities, research solutions, request resources, sustain results, and share learning’s.
• Strong commitment and established track record of processes documentation and improvement
• Technical skills: Reporting methods, tools, Word, Excel, Email, Business Intelligence (BI)
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more! In addition to the benefits described, this position may be eligible for a vehicle expense allowance, cell phone allowance, and/or participation in Shamrock Rewards.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.