Assistant Production Manager - Verona, VA
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 318 Mill Place Parkway
- Dairy Production
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary & Responsibilities
Plan, organize and direct production personnel in all phases of the production process to assure the facility operates in a highly efficient manner. Ensure that the products manufactured conform to Shamrock defined product quality standards, as well as Federal, State and local standards of product identity, safety and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs).
- Oversee production keeping efficiencies and bottles per minute up including assisting with change overs, shift changes, etc.
- Monitor and manage employee work schedules and coordinates breaks
- Work closely with mechanics to minimize downtime by scheduling special assignments, assist during breakdowns and be proactive with PMs
- Provide employee feedback via performance evaluations provided by the company. Mentor direct reports, identify strengths and weaknesses and manage resources accordingly.
- Plan, communicate and monitor raw material needs per production demand.
- Ensure that proper GMP & housekeeping procedures are followed plant-wide as outlined by Shamrock Quality Dept and that the plant is ready for inspections from USDA, vendors, internal and external customers.
- Develop and maintain plant safety awareness.
- Monitor adherence to a master sanitation program and assure tasks are being completed.
- Assist in the development of standard operating procedures for production duties and lead meetings when assigned.
- Work with department heads to ensure rework is consumed in a timely manner.
- Support the company’s operational priorities (UTR) by looking for ways to improve Quality, Safety and Waste Reduction/Productivity/5S. Use the company issued tools to complete the projects assigned to you.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- 5 to 10 years of production & operations management
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Good computer skills including MS Office experience
- Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate effectively with all levels of associates and teams
- Continued training/experience in 5S/Lean/World Class Manufacturing preferred
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 60 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922. Shamrock specializes in the manufacturing and distribution of quality food and food-related products through a family of companies, including Shamrock Foods foodservice distribution and Shamrock Farms dairy manufacturing.