Assistant Operations Manager
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 2540 North 29th Avenue
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
The Assistant Operations Manager supports and relieves the Operations Manager in overseeing the overall strategy, planning, and implementation of the operational elements to support the branch. This includes all warehouse, transportation, inventory, facility maintenance, fleet maintenance, material handling, safety, and regulatory compliance. In addition, the Assistant Operations Manager supports HR in associate relations, compensation, security and any other HR related functions.
- Assists with coordination all activities related to warehousing, transportation, inventory, fleet maintenance, facility maintenance and serves as a source of expertise as measured by expense to sales and total cost per case.
- Reviews departmental budgets, which includes staffing, labor, and equipment needs as measured by meeting budget requirements.
- Confers with department heads and other internal customers to ensure coordination of operations activities with activities of other functions, i.e., corporate, sales, IS, etc.
- Works with Human Resources in handling associate issues including but not limited to hiring, feedback, disciplinary actions and termination.
- Maintains a safe environment for all department functions as measured by the safety record, accident free days, lost time days, and total dollars spent.
- Responsible for maintaining good customer service as measured by our Delivery Service Index (DSI).
- Assists in guiding the pay and benefit plans for personnel.
- Interfaces with sales teams, and customers; Will assist in positive customer resolution of issues and complaints.
- Supports and initiates continuous Business Process Improvement (SPBI) as measured by total projects completed, project participation, and total dollars saved.
- Ensure compliance for all governmental regulations as well as customer related inspections to include, DOT, FDA, OSHA, HACCP, AIS, Siliker, State, County and Federal inspections as measured by actual and mock audit results.
- Supports all Corporate and Divisional initiatives and defined in our 'Big Rock' strategies, as measured by both Foods Service and Division Return On Net Assets (RONA).
- Will have direct line reports in Operation and Transportation, both branch and regional.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- 7+ years of experience and/or training related to transportation and warehousing.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from an accredited college preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven ability to effect change, identify opportunities, research solutions, request resources, sustain results, and share learnings.
- Strong team approach to management, communication and people skills.
- Strong commitment and established track record of processes documentation and improvement.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume; Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department which are subject to evenings, weekends, and holidays.
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.