Assistant Corporate Controller
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 3900 East Camelback Rd
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
The Assistant Corporate Controller provides assistance to the Controller in managing the accounting operations of multiple profit centers within Shamrock Foods Co. (S)he will ensure timely and accurate consolidated financial results in accordance with internal and external financial reporting requirements and drives accountability and supports stewardship of the Company’s financial assets.
- Assists the Controller with the monthly, quarterly, and annual accounting close processes
- Prepared financial statements and filings in compliance with GAAP.
- Assists in ad hoc analyses of the organization’s finances and prepares reports to facilitate decision making.
- Administer internal controls and audits of policies and procedures meant to preserve the organization’s assets.
- Monitor and develop internal controls for Company.
- Ensures compliance with Company policies and procedures, making recommendations on internal control finds, and reporting results to senior leaders.
- Design and implement efficient cross-functional processes to ensure risks are being appropriately addressed and team goals are being met.
- Analyze, research and conclude on new and proposed accounting, reporting and disclosure standards and prepare memorandums regarding the Company’s position and impact on the Company.
- Prepare income tax estimates and review annual tax filings.
- Collaborate effectively with business leaders
- Promote continual process improvements in accounting processes.
- Drive the financial forecasting process for Corporate departments.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) in Accounting from four-year College or University.
- CPA designation is required.
- Ten plus years of progressive experience in a public accounting with a national CPA firm is required.
- Eight years of experience in a financial management and leadership role
- Extensive experience with SOX internal control requirements.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Results-oriented and process-driven.
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department which may be subject to evenings, weekends and holidays.
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Job Reference #: 7187