Assistant Accounting Manager
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 40034 West Clayton Road
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
The Shamrock Accounting team is responsible for ensuring timely and accurate consolidated financial results in accordance with internal and external financial reporting requirements. This position is a critical part of building out an exceptional Accounting and Finance Team that provides assurance over timely and accurate consolidated results, while driving accountability and supporting stewardship of the Company’s financial assets. The Assistant Accounting Manager will have experience designing and implementing efficient cross-functional processes to ensure risks are being appropriately addressed and team goals are being met. This position is responsible for coordinating and reporting all general ledger accounting activity for the Shamrock Farms division.
This role will be based out of our Dairy Farm location in Stanfield, AZ with occassional travel to our Corportate office in Phoenix, AZ.
- Manage and oversee day to day finance department operations, including general ledger, under direct supervision of the Accounting Manager
- Technical US GAAP expert.
- Assist with monthly consolidated financial reporting, including balance sheets, cash flow statements and other financial information.
- Assists in the annual budget preparation process.
- Timely and effectively communication with senior finance and business leaders.
- Develops and lead projects that create efficiencies and reduce costs and strategically align resources.
- Maintains an adequate level of communication (verbal and written) to ensure efficiency within the Accounting and Finance department, along with other departments/divisions.
- Ensure proper internal controls are continually reviewed, documented, implemented, communicated and practiced.
- Work directly with the annual external audit team to complete the year-end audit.
- Motivate, train, and coach staff members to achieve team objectives and personal development goals.
- Manage assigned finance staff in training, development, job performance and job actions.
- Lead cross-functional accounting projects; define, implement and maintain processes and procedures to support and help achieve team identified goals.
- Identify, create and measure process and control improvements that automate manual work, consolidate bespoke processes, and scale with Shamrock Foods’ growth.
- Drive the business requirements and change management of implementing and maintaining new processes and tools in Microsoft Dynamics environment
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) in Accounting from four-year College or University
- Five years of relevant accounting experience
- Candidate must have at least two years managerial or supervisory experience
- Experience implementing projects; designing and implementing processes/controls
- CPA /CA or equivalent
- Experience in technical accounting roles preferred
- Public accounting experience
- Foodservice industry or distribution experience preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics AX ERP preferred
- Experience with Gobal/Atlas Software preferred
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more! In addition to the benefits described, this position may be eligible for a vehicle expense allowance, cell phone allowance, and/or participation in Shamrock Rewards.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.