ASRS Maintenance Supervisor
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 22000 East 38th Avenue
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
Supervises the maintenance and repair of all equipment and building systems associated with the PkMs Automated Warehouse Facility. On occasion may be required to participate in the actual inspection, repair and maintenance of the automated warehouse system. Work involves supervising maintenance staff, scheduling and assigning work, requisitioning materials and supplies, estimating work hours and material required for projects, and coordinating activities. Works under the general direction of the Maintenance Manager with extensive latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment. Critical contacts are the maintenance associates, operations associate and leadership as well as various other department managers & supervisors. Must have strong interpersonal skills and able to communicate effectively with the critical contacts listed above within the organization as well as outside resources.
- Supervises, assigns, and inspects the work of the maintenance staff
- May be required to participate 'hands-on' in some of the maintenance and repair of the equipment
- Prepares estimates of work hours, materials, and resources required for projects; approves and initiates requisitions for materials and supplies; and prepares reports and maintains records of repair.
- Develops and implements preventive maintenance programs for mechanical equipment and facilities
- Prepares reports and analysis setting forth progress of preventive maintenance, work order programs; Identifies any adverse trends and takes appropriate action to correct or makes recommendations and/or conclusions
- Responsible for maintaining the most cost-effective spare parts inventory levels, and ensuring minimal downtime by securing an accurately and sufficiently stocked parts area(s)
- Responsible for compliance to all regulatory requirements as it relates to equipment and facility maintenance including but not limited to OSHA, EPA, and the NH3 RMP/PSM programs
- Responsible for budget compliance with respect to maintenance labor and expenses; Provides recommendations to continually improve budget expenses; Assists manager in developing annual budgets
- Trains and instructs new personnel
- Responsible for various personnel actions including, but not limited to, hiring, performance appraisals, promotions, transfers and vacation schedules
- Possess the ability to work under pressure while maintaining a professional demeanor
- Maintain a safe workplace through training, as well as, directing daily cleanup of department
- Assists the Shift Lead in the assignments of daily work orders and P.M. schedules
- Works with manager to handle special projects
- Performs other related duties determined and assigned by the Maintenance Manager as needed incidental to the work described herein
- Directly supervises 10-20 employees in the ASRS Maintenance Department, including the Shift Leads; Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws; Responsibilities include interviewing, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; and rewarding employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
- Other duties may be assigned
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) and 5+ years of experience in operation and maintenance of a warehouse distribution center; Associates degree in a technical field preferred; or equivalent combination of education and/or experience
- 2+ years of experience supervising employees
- Knowledge of principles involving mechanical and electrical design, maintenance and repair fundamentals of automated industrial production equipment; Automated warehouse systems knowledge preferred
- Ability to train and supervise others, and communicate ideas & instructions clearly and concisely
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations; Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals; Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume; Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form; Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations; Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists; Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department which are subject to evenings, weekends, and holidays
Salary of $65,000 to $90,000, depending on competency, experience, qualifications and skills.
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more! In addition to the benefits described, this position may be eligible for a vehicle expense allowance, cell phone allowance, and/or participation in Shamrock Rewards.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.