Animal Welfare Officer
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 40034 West Clayton Road
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
The Animal Welfare Officer (AWO) performs the full range of animal welfare services and field enforcement duties to assure ethical treatment of our animals. The primary functions of the position are monitoring and documentation of the treatment of livestock, including pasture and holding areas, and providing general security for Shamrock Farms. To assist in maintaining compliance and preventing the appearance of a conflict of interest, this position is managed outside the farm’s leadership structure.
- Monitor, audit and report on livestock care, wellness and living conditions.
- Conduct regular inspections of entire facility including grounds, pens, milking areas, calving areas, fields, fences and buildings.
- Train farm staff and management on proper animal treatment
- Initiate immediate corrective action whenever observation or analysis indicates issues around animal welfare or safety
- Maintain continual communication with farm staff and the public. Answer inquires and educate the public as to role of Welfare Officer.
- Analyze farms data to assure compliance, as well as document and create reports based on findings.
- Candidate must have sufficient transportation and be able to respond at varying times of day or night.
- Any equivalent combination of education and experience to successfully perform the essential duties of the job as listed above may be substituted. (Equivalent combination of education and experience must equal the total years of experience and education listed below).
- High School diploma or G.E.D. equivalent
- Requires one year of full-time experience related to animal welfare.
- Law enforcement or military service preferred.
- Bi-lingual (English, Spanish)
- Availability to go onsite and respond to issues on nights and weekends.
- Candidate must be able and willing to work outdoors in all weather conditions and seasons (heat, cold and rain) during various times of the day, night and weekends in a working farm environment which may include: noise, wind and dust. Employee will be working with large animals. Employee will be in contact with livestock feed.
- Position requires frequent walking, bending, stooping, kneeling, crawling, climbing, and occasional lifting.
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Job Reference #: 7761