Accounts Payable Supervisor
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 3900 East Camelback Rd
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
The Accounts Payable Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day functions and performance of the Accounts Payable Coordinators with a focus on accurate and timely vendor payments and minimal repays to vendors for processing errors. (S)he is responsible for training and supervision of a team of Accounts Payable Coordinators and maintain positive relationships with our vendors and internal associates.
- Ensure proper distribution of workload to maximize productivity, with adherence to separation of duties to maintain internal controls
- Manage training and cross-training for team members to provide seamless coverage for absences and job enrichment for associates
- Ensure that all accounts payable queues are being monitored by team and queue backlogs are at acceptable levels
- Ensure Accounts Payable policies, processes and desk procedures are updated to reflect any changing business conditions and are followed consistently by the team
- Provide reporting on accounts payable metrics, analyze trends, implement corrective actions if needed
- Promote teamwork and effective communication through consistent Accounts Payable team meetings and meetings with other department managers
- Lead initiatives for process improvement within accounts payable to continually improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the department
- Cover/assist in other areas within accounts payable as needed
- Conduct performance reviews to hold team accountable for performance and assist associates in achieving goals
- Complete other duties as assigned in an accurate and timely manner
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business or Supply Chain or 5 years of relevant experience; with 2 years of team lead responsibilities
- Microsoft Office proficiency: Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, required
- Self-motivated, positive attitude and flexibility
- Ability to manage workload utilizing various computer platforms/software applications
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills to manage input from multiple workflows
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent research and reconciliation skills
- Strong people skills, including the ability to motivate a team
- Strong verbal/written communication and group presentation skills
- Ability to prioritize workload for team, making trade-offs to manage deliverables
- Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department which may be subject to evenings, weekends and holidays.
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to "treat associates like family and customers like friends."
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Job Reference #: 6377