Accounting Manager - Foodservice
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 3900 East Camelback Rd
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
The Accounting Manager owns the general ledger accounting processes and procedures of our Foodservice Distribution Divisions. (S)he will develop practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financials, as well as collaborate with the finance department to improve the quality of data on which decisions are made and support business units it their growth and development
- Drive timely and accurate month-end close process (5-day window)
- Supervise a team of Senior and Staff Accountants
- Management responsibilities for the day-to-day Accounting activities
- Coordinate and lead key accounting projects utilizing technical accounting skills, partnering across the business with various levels
- Self-assess current business processes to identify opportunities for improvement and efficiencies for the accounting team as well as drive the change
- Provide team training as needed to mentor direct reports to operate at higher levels ensuring their success for promotions
- Concisely escalate issues to upper management
- Develops relationships with internal customers and provides technical accounting expertise
- Ensure the completion and accuracy of financial records transferred from one system into another
- Review financials for accuracy and direct reclasses as appropriate
- Review and approve balance sheet reconciliations
- Improve and update accounting policies and procedures and ensure they are in accordance with accounting standards
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: (If it is listed it is a required, unless otherwise noted as Preferred)
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- CPA license
- 6+ years of related experience, 4+ years in a supervisory/management role preferred
- 4+ years public accounting experience; Foodservice industry accounting experience preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics 365, preferred
- Strong understanding of US GAAP
- Ability to work in deadline driven environment
- Self-motivated and a leader
- Strong people skills with demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Strong oral and written communication skills to articulate key information
- Good planning and organizational skills to balance and prioritize work in order to meet deadlines
- Microsoft Office proficiency: Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department which may be subject to evenings, weekends and holidays.
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
Our Mission: At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to “treat associates like family and customers like friends.”
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.