Accounting Manager – Manufacturing and Retail
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 3900 East Camelback Rd
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
The Accounting Manager owns the general ledger accounting processes and procedures of our Manufacturing and Retail Divisions. (S)he will develop practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financials, as well as collaborate with the finance department to improve the quality of data on which decisions are made and support business units in their growth and development.
- Drive timely and accurate month-end close process (4-day window)
- Supervise a team of Senior and Staff Accountants
- Management responsibilities for the day-to-day Accounting activities
- Ensure the completion and accuracy of financial records transferred from one system into another
- Review and confirm balance sheet accounts and intercompany transactions
- Validate all AP is processed or accrued for prior to month end close
- Review GL accounts for accuracy and direct reclasses as appropriate
- Confirm GL is reconciled to subledgers
- Inspect sales orders and production orders are processed with the correct cutoff
- Review and approve balance sheet reconciliations
- Provide direction to the Accounting team and provide technical accounting knowledge to the department
- Improve and update accounting policies and procedures and ensure they are in accordance with accounting standards
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- CPA license
- 6+ years of related experience, 4+ years in a supervisory/management role preferred
- 4+ years public accounting experience; Manufacturing and retail accounting experience preferred
- Self-motivated and a leader
- Strong people skills with demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Strong oral and written communication skills to articulate key information
- Good planning and organizational skills to balance and prioritize work in order to meet deadlines
- Microsoft Office proficiency: Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department which may be subject to evenings, weekends and holidays
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.