Account Manager National Accounts - Phoenix, AZ
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 3900 East Camelback Rd
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary & Responsibilities
Responsible for selling Shamrock Foods products and services to National Foodservice accounts by fostering mutually beneficial relationships between Customers and Shamrock Foods, while meeting both Customer and Company requirements. Responsible for managing all facets of the relationship with the Customer, ensuring maximum compliance with Contract, managing key margin and expense items, managing all aspects and types of Customer Transactions, and driving resolutions for issues associated with order entry, product mix, product delivery, pricing, sourcing and other Customer matters. Responsible for working with Corporate level and Regional representatives as well as store-level personnel. This role is majority office based with some outside sales calls and travel required.
- Manage the key Margin and Expense items to assess the impact of activities and help drive positive results on customer P&L.
- Use Shared Performance as a tracking tool to document Outcomes that tie to corporate strategies with quarterly goals tied to corporate strategies.
- Establish a strategic relationship with customer base by preparing for and performing business reviews that benefit both the customer and Shamrock.
- Initiates and maintains relationship building with Franchise owner/operators. Develops effective customer touch points below “C” level (e.g., local store level).
- Develops and implements strategic sales plans to accommodate corporate goals. Directs sales and profit forecasting and transactional activities to meet those goals.
- Prepares profitability reports and other reports designed to provide the National Accounts Management Team with information for negotiations, pricing changes, product mix changes, delivery window/day revisions.
- Works in conjunction with the Business Development team to achieve business objectives. Establishes a strong collaborative business relationship with the Business Development team to aid overseeing and facilitating all aspects of the agreed upon customer deliverables.
- Increase customer revenue and profitability through developing and implementing new opportunities and increased penetration with current customers, with documented results.
- Use and update Customer Relationship Management tool in order to maximize the positive impact on the Customer and maximum performance of the team.
- Makes recommendations for product mix, delivery issues, pricing, and sourcing requiring the ability to negotiate with corporate customers to an end resolution.
- Improve customer profitability through documented programs such as Purchasing to Contract, Smartbuy, and the use of basic margin management.
- Manage sales and purchasing transactions to contracted service levels. Monitor and ensure Customer contract compliance.
- Manage Inventory stocking levels for all Proprietary items.
- Manage and document the reduction of asset cost in the form of inventory (stock / proprietary) and accounts receivable through innovative solutions.
- Prepares reports defining product usage, purchases, aging and other reports specifically required by the corporate personnel responsible for corporate supply chain management or regional stores or restaurants. Significant report development may be entailed.
- Manage transportation expense by adhering to customer contract and support of routing initiatives, and by managing recovery activities. Reduce expenses in the form of couriers, air freight and credits.
- Perform customer service activities including order entry as needed. Manage recovery for purchasing / operational issues. Manages customer service issues requiring the ability to negotiate with corporate customers to an end resolution.
- Resolve day-to-day issues for assigned accounts and all other accounts as needed.
- Assists in developing information for Requests for Proposal.
- Responsible for the timeline associated with all new customers and acts as a project manager to ensure the timelines are met.
- Manage the transition of Customers from Emerging to National Accounts.
- Manage setup of and trains customers in use of Shamrock-supplied technology and ordering systems (e.g. ShamrockOrders, Amphire).
- Assists corporate-level customers with systems issues, escalating these to the IS Department as needed. Responsible for assisting corporate-level customers with all new Systems Integration requests.
- Manage events for Customers, including equipment loans, special deliveries, and venue management.
- Supports SBPI service level and other process improvement initiatives, and other training programs offered and/or required by Shamrock University.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Must have at least three years of foodservice distribution experience with increasing responsibility in the areas of account inventory management, customer service, sales, purchasing or contract administration.
- Must have an Associate’s Degree or higher, from College, University, Trade or Specialized training (i.e. culinary certificate).
- Ability to use a laptop computer.
- Strong strategic thinking and analytical evaluation skills necessary.
- Ability to read and analyze reports.
- Problem solving - the ability to understand problems, define causes, and offer solutions.
- Relationship building - both internal and external.
- Communication - articulate clear objectives, customer interaction.
- Presentation - new accounts, representing company, etc.
- Ability to sell our products from either a standpoint of knowledge or from personal experience/testimonials
- Working knowledge of contract systems and ability to audit contracts regularly
- Leadership skills; flexibility to deal with wide assortment of individuals. Have empathy, motivate others and communicate common vision.
- Proven ability to prioritize workload, multi task and problem solve.
- Strong verbal / written communication skills
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922. Shamrock specializes in the manufacturing and distribution of quality food and food-related products through a family of companies, including Shamrock Foods foodservice distribution and Shamrock Farms dairy manufacturing.
Job Reference #: 5324