Account Manager Emerging Accounts
- Requisition ID
- Location : City
- San Diego
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
This position is responsible for selling Shamrock Foods products and services to Branch Emerging Accounts (defined as commercial contract business qualifying as an Emerging Account) by fostering mutually beneficial relationships between Customers and Shamrock Foods, while meeting both Customer and Company requirements. This position will manage all facets of the relationship with the Customer, ensuring maximum compliance with Contract, and driving resolutions for issues associated with order entry, product mix, product delivery, pricing, sourcing and other Customer matters. This role works with corporate level and regional representatives as well as store-level personnel.
- Manage the key Margin and Expense items to assess the impact of activities and help drive positive results on customer P&L.
- Establish and maintain a strategic relationship with customer base by preparing for and performing business reviews that benefit both the customer and Shamrock.
Develop and implement strategic sales plans to accommodate corporate goals. Direct sales and profit forecasting and transactional activities to meet those goals.
- Prepare internal and external reports designed to improve negotiations.
- Increase customer revenue and profitability through developing and implementing new opportunities and increased penetration with current customers, with documented results.
- Monitor and ensure contract compliance.
- Manage Inventory stocking levels for all Proprietary items.
- Resolve day-to-day issues for assigned accounts and all other accounts as needed.
- Manages customer service issues requiring the ability to negotiate with corporate customers to an end resolution.
- Responsible for all new customers and acts as a project manager to ensure the timelines are met.
- Manage setup of and train customers in use of Shamrock-supplied technology and ordering systems and assist corporate level customers with all new Systems Integration requests.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate Degree or higher, from College, University, Trade or specialized training (i.e. culinary certificate).
- Minimum three (3) years of foodservice distribution experience with increasing responsibility in the areas of account inventory management, customer services, sales, purchasing or contract administration.
- Working knowledge of contract systems and ability to audit contracts regularly.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence as well as to speak effectively before groups of customers.
- Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department which are subject to evenings, weekends, and holidays.
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Job Reference #: 6766