- Requisition ID
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
This position is responsible for representing and selling products for Shamrock Foods Division on a commission base to hotels, restaurants, resorts and other institutional establishments or individuals at sales office or customer's place of business. An Account Executive works in a fast paced and ever changing environment where attention to detail, a strong sense of urgency, initiative and drive are extremely important to achieving company sales goals.
- Compiling lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on information from newspapers, business directories, and other resources
- Regularly visiting customer bases by traveling through assigned territory to solicit orders
- Visiting prospective customers to solicit orders, and establish new relationships
- Displaying or demonstrating product at various sites, using samples or catalogs, and emphasizing salable features
- Quoting prices and credit terms and preparing sales contracts for orders obtained
- Administering all item changes assuring highest level of compliance
- Performing other duties as assigned to meet business needs
- One-year minimum Foodservice Sales or related experience
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year university preferred
- Current driver’s license and auto insurance required
- Must be able to use a laptop
- Mathematic Skills: must be able to calculate amounts such as discounts, commissions, proportions, percentages
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence; ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization
- Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department which are subject to evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Regularly required to drive, stand, and walk frequently during a day to day basis
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to “treat associates like family and customers like friends.”
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Shamrock Foods Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Job Reference #: 6568