Account Executive- Salt Lake City, UT
- Requisition ID
- Location : City
- Salt Lake City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
The Account Executive is responsible to maximize sales growth profitably. To accomplish this, (s)he is responsible for regularly representing products and services for Shamrock Foods Company on a commission base to restaurants, resorts, hotels, and other institutional establishments through face-to-face interactions.
- Prospect new customers and build a territory to grow the customer base
- Maintain current customer base and grow the share of the customer’s business
- Impact customer success through:
- Supporting customer menu engineering
- Supporting food cost analysis to ensure waste reduction and improve customer profitability
- Consuming and sharing market intelligence and industry trends
- Conducting product demonstration and comparisons by taking sample product to customer‘s restaurant or facility
- Facilitating demonstrations of capabilities we have to support the customer
- Share new product innovation through utilization of Shamrock resources
- Build multi-level relationships in the businesses you serve
- Keep accounts current; optimizing sales, service, and delivery and collecting past-due balances from customers
- Leverage technology for improved customer efficiency and to drive customer experience enhancements
- Participate in on-going training to continuously develop skills
- Other duties as assigned.
- HS Diploma and/or GED required; Associate or Bachelor’s degree a plus.
- 2 plus years’ experience in culinary, restaurant operations, foodservice, or other related experience preferred
- Previous successful sales experience a plus
- Current driver license
- Demonstrated expertise in problem solving
- Comfort using technology; and analyzing customer data
- Knowledgeable on industry trends
- Expertise in Microsoft office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department which may be subject to evenings, weekends and holidays
- Regularly lift and /or move up to 40 pounds
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 60 pounds
Compensation on a commission basis, based on achievement of performance goals.
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more! In addition to the benefits described, this position may be eligible for a vehicle expense allowance, cell phone allowance, and/or participation in Shamrock Rewards.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.