This posting has expired and is no longer available.
ESL Filler Operator - Verona, VA
Corporate Summary: At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first - our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922. Shamrock specializes in the manufacturing and distribution of quality food and food-related products through a family of companies, including Shamrock Foods foodservice distribution and Shamrock Farms dairy manufacturing.
Summary: Run and maintain fillers and other related equipment with in the ESL Plant, with quality being the major concern. Be able to effectively work in a team environment and communicate (verbal and written) with people on a professional level. Contributes to overall department production goals, maintains a clean and safe work environment. Understand and act in accordance with our core values listed below.
- Report all malfunctions on equipment and report all accidents
- Be aware of your surroundings at all times and work with safe behaviors
- Wear all required P.P.E. / Wash hands constantly / Change gloves
- 100% compliance to Good Manufacturing Practices
- Closely monitor the dairy production process
- Accurately prepare & maintain all area paperwork
- Monitor weights, seals, caps, and general packaging of product
- Make adjustments to Fords, Filler timing and filling, & check mat as needed
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve basic to moderate operating difficulties
- Maintain sanitation of equipment including CIP/SIP & hand cleaning
- Reassemble equipment after CIP/SIP for safe and sterile use
- Do mandatory environmental cleaning on filler during production downtime
- Ensure concentrations are taken with each CIP. Monitoring flow & temperature
- Perform sanitary PM’s with valves, bellows, & filters on Tukenhagen & Filler.
- Ensure environmental sanitation cleaning is complete - conveyors, trash, etc.
- Follow Quality Assurance standards and specifications
- Collect required samples needed for Quality Assurance testing - Take to hotbox
- Ability to perform filler and filler line changeovers in a safe and efficient matter
- Monitor and maintain Tukenhagen, sterile air, sterile water, and Oxonia
- Maintain sterility in the filling area at all times
- Wear protective clothing upon entering
- Cover all hair, skin, mouth, eyes, clothing, and shoes
- Protective clothing must be worn during production and cleanup - No exceptions
- Operate equipment at recommended speeds and communicate mechanical and operational defects as they arise.
- Operate and clean equipment with a sense of urgency to maximize throughput and minimize downtime. Quality first.
- Other duties as required.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Physical Demands: The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move more than 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.