Dairy Warehouse Manager - Verona, VA
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first - our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922. Shamrock specializes in the manufacturing and distribution of quality food and food-related products through a family of companies, including Shamrock Foods foodservice distribution and Shamrock Farms dairy manufacturing.
Summary: The Warehouse Manager directs, plans, and coordinates operational activities of warehousing/logistics through efficient use of equipment, manpower, and routing. He or she reports directly to the Operations Manager.
* Works with Human Resources in handling all associate issues including but not limited to hiring, feedback, disciplinary actions and termination as measured through associate satisfaction and retention.
* Must maintain a safe environment for all department functions as measured by the safety record, accident free days, lost time days, and total dollars spent.
* Coordinates all activities related to warehousing and serves as a source of expertise as measured by expense to sales and total cost per case.
* Responsible for maintaining good customer service as measured by our Delivery Service Index (DSI).
* Prepares departmental budgets, which includes staffing, labor, and material handling equipment needs as measured by meeting budget requirements.
* Responsible for guiding the pay and benefit plans for warehouse personnel
* Interfaces with sales teams, and customers. Will assist in positive customer resolution of issues and complaints. Confers with department heads and other internal customers to ensure coordination of warehouse activities with activities of other functions, i.e., transportation, inventory control, maintenance, sales, and IS.
* Supports and initiates continuous Business Process Improvement (SPBI) as measured by total projects completed, project participation, and total dollars saved.
* Ensure compliance for all governmental regulations as well as customer related inspections to include, FDA, OSHA, HASAP, AIS, Siliker, State, County and Federal inspections as measured by actual and mock audit results.
* Supports all Corporate and Divisional initiatives and defined in our "Big Rock" strategies, as measured by both Foods Service and Division Return On Net Assets (RONA).
* Ability to maintain good morale and employee relations.
* Must develop, coach and mentor team to next level.
* Other duties may be assigned.
* Bachelor degree (B.A.) from a credited college preferred.
* Five to Ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Proven ability to effect change: identify opportunities, research solutions, request resources, sustain results, and share learning’s.
* Strong commitment and established track record of processes documentation and improvement
* Technical skills: Reporting methods, tools, Word, Excel, Email, Business Intelligence (BI)