Job Reference #: 1952
Dairy Maintenance Supervisor - Phoenix, AZ
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first - our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922. Shamrock specializes in the manufacturing and distribution of quality food and food-related products through a family of companies, including Shamrock Foods foodservice distribution and Shamrock Farms dairy manufacturing.
Summary: Plan, organize and in all phases of the production process to assure the facility operates in a highly efficient manner. A highly efficient manner is one in which utilization rates are constantly being monitored and maintained at as high of a level as possible (100% being the goal). Strong leadership to assure that the plant equipment is maintained in a proactive manner.
* Ensure maintenance personel compliance to all OSHA and Shamrock safety practices
* Oversee all safety training for maintenance personnel with goal to have "Zero" accidents
* Works with maintenance team to set and achieve team safety objectives
* Ensures maintenance personnel compliance to GMP, HACCP, FQP, Allergen Control, Customer and Regulatory requirements
* Work with maintenance team to set and achieve plant maintenance downtime reduction goals.
* Monitor and report plant maintenance strengths and weaknesses. Makes appropriate recommendations to management
* Develop and implement training programs for new maintenance associates to reach max contribution in shortest period of time
* Develop and implement a comprehensive preventative maintenance program to ensure plant mechanical uptime objectives are met while minimizing maintenance repair expenses
* Operate with "Zero Waste" mentality. Continually identify and reduce areas of waste throughout the plant
* Challenge all processes and practices that are not in line with best industry practices
* Utilize effective leadership skills to effectively and efficiently get work done through others
* Document maintenance team member performance as appropriate to ensure compliance to company requirements and objectives
* Maintains documentation of maintenance personnel strengths and weaknesses so that focus can be placed on training
* Develop and maintain a close working relationship with the production department. Be proactive in identifying maintenance needs and promote the TEAM approach to fulfilling these needs
* Work closely with the Maintenance Manager and maintenance Leaders to assure that equipment is operating efficiently
* Maintains a professional working relationship with other plant management, customers and vendors
* Possesses a high degree of initiative and flexibility
* Support a proactive maintenance work order system
* Carries out additional assignments made by Management
* Develop standard operating procedures for maintenance tasks
* Support plant continuous improvement activities
* Participate in maintenance associate evaluation process
* Help coordinate capital projects needs for the year
* Support Shamrocks strategic operating plan and manage projects and tasks assigned to you. Use the company provided tools to manage your projects
* Complete tasks and other special tasks in a timely manner
* Always represent the company and yourself in a professional manner
* Maintain a sense of urgency among your staff during normal operations, breakdowns and down days
* Attend Visual Production Meetings (VPM’s).
* Fill out a maintenance log
* Be active and visible
* Spend time on the floor learning the process and operator functions this is a working Supervisors roll
* Communicate any special down time needs to the management group
* Other duties may be assigned
* 5+ years combined experience in plant maintenance including demonstrated knowledge of mechanics, pneumatics, hydraulics, electrical, building maintenance, wastewater treatment, boiler operation and maintenance and refrigeration.
* Complete understanding of computer driven process controls for a dairy manufacturing facility.
* PC literate
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Strong in PLC’s / Electrical, required
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee frequently is required to walk, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
2228 N Black Canyon Hwy
Phoenix, Arizona, 85009
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online