Corporate Summary: At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first - our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922. Shamrock specializes in the manufacturing and distribution of quality food and food-related products through a family of companies, including Shamrock Foods foodservice distribution and Shamrock Farms dairy manufacturing.
Summary: Oversee the credit and collection activities for an assigned group of customer accounts, obtaining and maintaining financial data and accounting records on each customer of Dairy and Dairy Maid Divisions.
* Monitor payment history and aging reports to ensure invoices are paid within terms
* Manage to make 20 to 30 collection calls per day and maintain AR Alert aging spreadsheets to record collection efforts
* Contact customers to investigate reasons for late payments and to encourage future payment within terms, refer chronic delinquent customers to credit manager for further action
* Handle all customer requests for invoice copies, resending EDI invoices as needed and timely submitting Warehouse customer billings
* Research of deductions taken by customers for pricing, quality reasons, shortages or sales promotions, etc. by researching purchase orders, bills of lading, customer invoices, etc. as necessary to resolve issues; Make determinations as to validity of write-offs claimed by customers, obtaining approval for valid write-offs, advising customers and pursuing collections when write-offs are invalid
* Send out new customer welcome letters
* Other duties may be assigned as required
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
* Two years prior credit and collection experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience is added plus
* Computer literate, having knowledge of Excel and Word a plus