Cost Accountant ll - Phoenix, AZ
Corporate Summary: At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first - our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922. Shamrock specializes in the manufacturing and distribution of quality food and food-related products through a family of companies, including Shamrock Foods foodservice distribution and Shamrock Farms dairy manufacturing.
Summary: The Cost/Financial Accountant will be responsible for the cost accounting needs of the division along with various financial accounting and customer service responsibilities.
* Compile and submit monthly report to the Federal Milk Market Administrator on milk utilization.
* Update monthly the costs of manufacturing and prepare and publish standard costs for all products.
* Maintain Yield tests and formulas in Dynamics AX system.
* Creation and maintenance of product codes in Dynamics AX.
* Audit invoices on a daily basis.
* Provide backup and communicate with auditors, both internal and external.
* Interface with sales reps for pricing/costing issues.
* Post monthly JE’s.
Sales & Production Reporting:
* Maintain pricing for co-pack customer.
* Audit and prepare JE for co-pack customer sales reductions.
* Prepare pricing for Sales for customers whose pricing moves via formula.
* Participate in monthly physical inventory.
* Report and analyze inventory reporting for Farm Tour operation.
* Maintain information in Dynamics AX system.
* Report and analyze inventory disappearance of raw materials and packing.
* Provide "Days Remaining" report to Purchasing.
* Monthly reconciliations of Manual A/P and Bulk Cream A/R accounts.
* Various weekly estimates for P&L forecast.
* Various projects at month end to facilitate an efficient close for general ledger books.
* Participate in year-end budgeting process.
* Special projects.
* Other duties may be assigned.
* Bachelor’s degree (BA) in accounting or related field from four-year college or university or two - four years related experience and/or training or a combination of education and experience.
* Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel spreadsheet skills
* Prior experience with automated general ledger packages mainframe a plus.
* Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
* Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as product pricing, discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, and product standard costs.
* Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
* Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department which are subject to evening shifts, weekends, and holidays
We Value Diversity!