Job Reference #: 2253
Cold Room Warehouse Supervisor - Verona, VA
Corporate Summary: At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first - our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922. Shamrock specializes in the manufacturing and distribution of quality food and food-related products through a family of companies, including Shamrock Foods foodservice distribution and Shamrock Farms dairy manufacturing.
Summary: The Inbound / Outbound Warehouse Supervisor plans, directs, and coordinates activities concerned with the Dairy Cold Room. This position reports directly to the Director of Warehousing.
* Responsible for area or area’s of the Warehouse for incoming / outgoing product making sure it is in good condition as measured in Customer Satisfaction.
* Directs Associates daily to complete job assignments as measured by Company POP.
* Confers with all associates to make sure all work is completed on a daily basis.
* Advises Associates on Safety, making sure they work in a safe manner as measured by incident / accident reduction and successful reporting.
* Must be able to communicate in a manner that is positive, not negative as measured by Associate satisfaction.
* Communicate with other Departments, such as Logistics, Scheduling, Purchasing, Sales, Transportation as measured by performance.
??Responsible to make sure all policies and procedures are followed as measured by associate satisfaction, safety and security incident reductions.
* Must be able to competently handle several situations at one time
* Responsible to give daily information to the payroll department using online reports as measured by associate satisfaction and a reduction in payroll issues.
* Assigns workers to specific duties, such as verifying quantities of and putting away incoming merchandise, pulling and loading of outbound merchandise.
* Plans and moves product according to movement thru out the warehouse as measured by Company POP.
* Advises associates on the care and preservation of product as measured by reduction in inventory dumps.
* Must be able to use our Warehouse Management Systems.
* Must maintain a safe environment for all warehouse personnel as measured by reduction in incidents and accidents and quality reporting.
* Issues written and oral instructions.
* Is measured on Cost per Case, Team Thru-put and overtime.
* Responsibilities include training, planning, assigning, and directing work; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
* Directly supervises 10-30 associates
* Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of his or her associates
* Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the companies policies
* Other duties may be assigned.
* High school diploma, minimum 3 years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
* Strong people skills
* Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate effectively with all levels of associates and teams
* Strong commitment and established track record of processes documentation and improvement
* Must be able to work the demands of the department which are subject to overnight shifts, weekends, and holidays
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 60 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
318 Mill Place Parkway
Verona, Virginia, 24482
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online