Corporate Summary: At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first - our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922. Shamrock specializes in the manufacturing and distribution of quality food and food-related products through a family of companies, including Shamrock Foods foodservice distribution and Shamrock Farms dairy manufacturing.
Summary: Receives, stores, and distributes products, tools, equipment, and materials throughout company facilities and trucks.
* Pulls orders and distributes products within guidelines of company standards.
* Reads production schedule, customer order, work order, shipping order, or requisition to determine items to be moved, gathered, or distributed.
* Enters information into computer system to notify management system the start of order selecting process.
* Counts items for distribution within warehouse to ensure conformance to company standards
* Sorts and places materials or items at proper door to ensure zero short on delivery tolerance
* Marks products with identifying labels, to be placed on each case
* Opens bales, crates, and other containers
* Wear all required personal protective equipment and dress appropriately (abide by company dress code)
* Other duties may be assigned Other duties as assigned
* 1 month related experience or training
* High school education preferred
* Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure
* Must be able to work in various temperature controlled zones ranging from -5 F to ambient temperature
* Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department; which are subject to evenings, weekends, holidays
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 100 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.