This posting has expired and is no longer available.
Business Development Manager Emerging Accounts - Commerce City, CO
Corporate Summary: At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first - our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922. Shamrock specializes in the manufacturing and distribution of quality food and food-related products through a family of companies, including Shamrock Foods foodservice distribution and Shamrock Farms dairy manufacturing.
Summary: Develops business and aggressively targets sales for commercial contract businesses qualifying as Emerging Accounts.
- Primary responsibility is to increase profitable sales of Emerging Accounts
- Proactively identify, qualify, and acquire new & lost business opportunities using Insight Selling/Challenger Model and with input from Account Managers/Regional Sales Managers
- Develop and implement strategic Business Development sales plan to achieve company goals
- Establish a strong partnership with the appropriate Emerging Account and ensure agreed-upon customer contact’s needs are met
- When appropriate, pursue and effectively engage at the "C" level customer-touch point
- Offer a unique perspective to customers to challenge the way they view their businesses/offer alternative options
- Consult with the customer to identify and define business needs, determine a solution, develop ROI proposal/presentation for customer review/acceptance, and identify a DSR to service the customer
- Understand how to calculate food cost and key drivers; understand the cost of distribution and keep the customer within contract terms
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors Degree from a four year university preferred
- 5+ years of business development in foodservice distribution or related field
- 5+ years management of people and processes
- Current driver’s license and auto insurance required
- Must be able to use a laptop
- Mathematic Skills: must be able to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry; be able to calculate amounts such as discounts, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence; ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization
- Actively pursue continuous leaning of industry knowledge to ensure selection and delivery of best insights for usage with prospective qualified customers
- Understanding of economic drivers and how to apply these to a customer’s situation
- Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department which are subject to evenings, weekends, and holidays
Location: Colorado Foods Office