Assistant Production Manager - Phoenix, AZ
Corporate Summary: At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first - our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922. Shamrock specializes in the manufacturing and distribution of quality food and food-related products through a family of companies, including Shamrock Foods foodservice distribution and Shamrock Farms dairy manufacturing.
Summary: The Assistant Production manager is responsible for overseeing all production activities within the dairy plant.
* Schedule associate activities to meet production demands while operating within plant budget constraints, labor goals and customer delivery requirements.
* Ensure that all associates, vendors and customers are treated in manner consistent with Shamrock's values.
* Oversee preventative maintenance program to meet quality, efficiency and cost objectives.
* Train supervisors and associates as required.
* Support LEAN/Six Sigma activities as directed with specific focus to improve safety, quality and reduce manufacturing unit cost.
* Ensure compliance to OSHA and local safety requirements.
* Ensure compliance to all plant safety policies.
* Ensure compliance to safety goals and objectives.
* Identify and implement initiatives that demonstrate year over year improvement as related to safety.
* Ensure compliance to all Federal, State and Local manufacturing food safety requirements.
* Ensure compliance to all Shamrock food safety and food quality requirements.
* Ensure compliance to SQF code and all other customer specific requirements.
* Identify and implement improvement initiatives that demonstrate year over year improvement as related to product quality.
* Ensure location compliance to corporate policies, work rules, GMP's, etc.
* Lead team efforts to meet plant productivity objectives.
* Maintain an inspection ready and tour ready facility at all times.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor’s Degree and 5+ years relevant manufacturing experience or equivalent combination of experience and education
We Value Diversity!