Accounting Manager Farms - Phoenix, AZ
Corporate Summary: At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first - our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922. Shamrock specializes in the manufacturing and distribution of quality food and food-related products through a family of companies, including Shamrock Foods foodservice distribution and Shamrock Farms dairy manufacturing.
Summary: Responsible for all accounting functions for Shamrock Farms Company and Lodi Farms, LLP.
* Determine daily cash needs and transfer funds, if needed.
* Responsible for the Accounts Payable function and ensuring all systems and policies are followed.
* Maintain fixed assets.
* Assist Farm VP/GM as needed.
* Prepare monthly financial statements
* Process certain A/P invoices
* Reconcile General ledger accounts
* Prepare monthly financial PowerPoint presentation for senior managers.
* Participate in monthly financial meeting at the Farm.
* Finalize monthly preparation of the Cattle Activity report.
* Input payroll data to Sage 50 biweekly and create payment to Shamrock Foods Company.
* File sales tax return to AZ Department of Revenue.
* Calculate monthly interest payments and input to A/P.
* Annually update deferred compensation worksheet.
* File personal property reports to Pinal County.
* For Lodi Farms, prepare annual crop revenue worksheet.
* Prepare year-end review worksheets for external auditors.
* Prepare annual budget.
* 5 -7 years accounting experience
* 2 years in an accounting supervisory capacity
* Bachelor’s Degree preferred
* Ability to operate ten key by touch. Competent typing abilities (40 words per minute).
* Computer literate, preferably on Microsoft Office products and Sage 50.
* Must have flexibility in approach to procedure and projects.
* Prior experiences with automated accounting software applications a must.
* Must be able to multi-task and handle several projects simultaneously.
3900 East Camelback Road
Phoenix, Arizona, 85018