This posting has expired and is no longer available.
Accounting Manager Farms - Phoenix, AZ
Corporate Summary: At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first - our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922. Shamrock specializes in the manufacturing and distribution of quality food and food-related products through a family of companies, including Shamrock Foods foodservice distribution and Shamrock Farms dairy manufacturing.
Summary: Coordinates and reports all accounting activity for the respective Broadline Branch location.
* Management responsibilities for the day-to-day Accounting activities, including route settlement, general ledger, accounts receivable, accounts payable, and inventory credit and returns.
* Responsible for the Accounting activity surrounding the Foods Service Software and data transfers.
* Interaction with Corporate & Divisional Sales, Credit, and Accounting groups, providing information and accounting detail as requested.
* Monthly financial reporting, including balance sheets, cash flow statements and other financial information.
* Management of all other Foods Administration activities, including A/P, A/R, Inventory Credit and Returns, and Route Settlement.
* Assists in the annual budget preparation process.
* Responsible for controlling costs/expenses related to office functions group.
* Identifies and communicates improvements or issues to Branch management.
* Develops and leads projects that create efficiency and reduce costs.
* Calculate and communicate month-end Sales commissions.
* Hire, motivate, train, and coach staff to achieve team objectives.
* Ensures associates are properly trained and informed to perform their job duties in efforts to maximize productivity.
* Maintains harmony among workers, while holding employees accountable, and resolves grievances in a timely manner.
* Maintains proper employee work related performance documentation.
* Conducts annual performance reviews.
* Maintains an adequate level of communication (verbal and written) to ensure efficiency within the Corporate or Divisional Accounting department, and other departments/divisions.
* Ensure proper internal controls are implemented, documented, communicated and practiced.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree (B.A.) in Accounting from four-year College or University with five years of related experience. Foodservice industry or distribution experience is preferred.
* Candidate must have at least three years managerial experience.
* CPA or CMA designation is a plus.