Job Reference #: 2188
Accounting Manager Corporate - Phoenix, AZ
Corporate Summary: At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first - our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922. Shamrock specializes in the manufacturing and distribution of quality food and food-related products through a family of companies, including Shamrock Foods foodservice distribution and Shamrock Farms dairy manufacturing.
Summary: Coordinates and reports all accounting activity for the Corporate and Branch location.
* Management responsibilities for the day-to-day Accounting activities, including general ledger, accounts receivable, accounts payable, and inventory credit and returns.
* Responsible for the Accounting activity surrounding the Foods Service Software and data transfers.
* Interaction with Branch Sales, Credit, and Accounting groups, providing information and accounting detail as requested.
* Monthly financial reporting, including balance sheets, cash flow statements and other financial information.
* Responsible for the annual licensing requirements for all sales jurisdictions.
* Assists in the annual budget preparation process.
* Responsible for controlling costs/expenses related to office functions group.
* Identifies and communicates improvements or issues to Branch management.
* Develops and leads projects that create efficiency and reduce costs.
* Responsible for sales and use tax returns and audits.
* Hire, motivate, train, and coach staff to achieve team objectives.
* Ensures associates are properly trained and informed to perform their job duties in efforts to maximize productivity.
* Maintains harmony among workers, while holding employees accountable, and resolves grievances in a timely manner.
* Maintains proper employee work related performance documentation.
* Conducts annual performance reviews.
* Maintains an adequate level of communication (verbal and written) to ensure efficiency within the Accounting department, and other departments/divisions.
* Ensure proper internal controls are implemented, documented, communicated and practiced.
* Assists with the annual audits process with external auditors.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree (B.A.) in Accounting from four-year College or University with five years of related experience. Foodservice industry or distribution experience is preferred.
* Candidate must have at least two years managerial experience.
* CPA or CMA designation is a plus.
3900 East Camelback Road
Phoenix, Arizona, 85018
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online