Accountant Senior - Phoenix, AZ
Corporate Summary: At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first - our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922. Shamrock specializes in the manufacturing and distribution of quality food and food-related products through a family of companies, including Shamrock Foods foodservice distribution and Shamrock Farms dairy manufacturing.
Summary: The Senior Accountant is responsible for closing the books, preparing analysis related to the General Ledger, reconciling balance sheet accounts and completing other ad-hoc requests or projects and reviewing the work of others.
* Manage the monthly close process for assigned area. This includes the preparation of manual journal entries using Microsoft Dynamics AX.
* Analyze expense accounts and balance sheet accounts and prepare related reconciliations.
* Maintain and create new financial reports utilizing Global Spreadsheet server, Atlas and Oracle Business Intelligence (BI).
* Assist in preparation of monthly financial reports which may include but are not limited to: Income Statements, Cash Flow, ROA, and the Divisional Financial Package utilizing Microsoft Excel and the above mentioned reporting tools.
* Handle more complex areas of the accounting process for the Foodservice Division and/or Corporate Entity.
* Support the management team by assisting with the review of the work of others.
* Provide support to others by researching and reporting on variances and assisting with ad-hoc requests.
* Assist with the preparation of year-end tax schedules, year-end audit lead schedules and overall support for the year-end financial audit.
* Other duties as required.
* Bachelor's Degree in Accounting and 5-7 years’ work experience in a related field
* Advanced Excel skills required
* MBA/CPA a plus
* Experience using Microsoft Dynamics AX a plus
* Must be able to work the hours required to meet our tight deadlines
* Must be able to work in a fast paced environment and switch gears seamlessly
* Must be able to maintain composure in stressful situations
* Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and written to all levels within the organization
3900 East Camelback Road
Phoenix, Arizona, 85018